- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 90
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 9.6 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 177 mg
- calcium 35 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Drain thoroughly, and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes.
Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through anchovy) in a medium bowl; gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle over bean mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.