Green Bean Salad with Olives, Walnuts, and Red-Pepper Dressing
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes
Emerald-colored green beans, vibrant red tomatoes, and purple kalamata olives create a salad that's as beautiful as it is delicious. Serve with grilled beef, chicken, or fish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion (1/2 small)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup drained bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 10 pitted kalamata olives
- 1. Bring vinegar and sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; add onion, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Steam green beans, covered, 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. While green beans cook, place roasted red bell pepper and next 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Drain onion; discard vinegar mixture.
- 4. Rinse green beans under cold water; drain well. Combine green beans, onion, tomatoes, walnuts, and olives in a large bowl. Add bell pepper dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note