- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion (1/2 small)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup drained bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 10 pitted kalamata olives
- calories 137
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 14.5 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 402 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Bring vinegar and sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; add onion, tossing to coat. Set aside.
Steam green beans, covered, 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
While green beans cook, place roasted red bell pepper and next 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Drain onion; discard vinegar mixture.
Rinse green beans under cold water; drain well. Combine green beans, onion, tomatoes, walnuts, and olives in a large bowl. Add bell pepper dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.