Outstanding. Made as written.
Green Bean Salad with Mustard Crema
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
Cooking the beans in salted water helps them retain a bright green color. Serve beans chilled or at room temperature.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 356mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook beans 5 minutes or until crisp-tender in boiling water with 1 3/8 teaspoons salt. Drain and plunge beans into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, chives, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add beans to mustard mixture; toss. Divide beans evenly among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads