Green Bean Salad with Caramelized Onions
Haricot verts is a French term used to describe young, tiny, slender green beans that are generally cooked whole. If you can't find haricot verts, use small green beans instead.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Calcium: 65mg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound haricot verts or small green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring frequently. Add balsamic vinegar, and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tomatoes.
- Cook haricot verts in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Set aside.
- Combine haricot verts, onion mixture, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This