Green Bean Salad with Caramelized Onions
Haricots verts is a French term that is used to describe young, tiny, slender green beans that are generally cooked whole. If you can't find haricots verts, use green snap beans instead.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 1 pound haricots verts or small green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown; stir frequently. Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tomatoes.
- Cook haricots verts in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine haricots verts, onion mixture, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This