- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 1 pound haricots verts or small green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 69
- fat 1.2 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- protein 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 12.5 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 185 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 5.1 g
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown; stir frequently. Add balsamic vinegar; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tomatoes.
Cook haricots verts in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Combine haricots verts, onion mixture, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Serve immediately.