- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound small fresh green beans, steamed
- 6 large firm tomatoes
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
How to Make It
Combine first 9 ingredients in a shallow dish or a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add black beans and green beans. Cover or seal, and let mixture stand 30 minutes.
Cut a 1/4-inch slice from top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp, leaving tomato shells intact. Invert tomato shells, and drain on paper towels.
Place each shell on a salad plate. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture into each tomato shell; spoon remaining mixture evenly on plates around shells. Garnish, if desired.