This is an excellent potato salad for a party, because it's not mayonnaise based, so can stay out on the buffet table with no risk! I've served this salad as written, for both summer and winter dinner parties, it's most important to have FRESH tarragon...and add the amount in recipe and to your own taste...you may like more.
Green Bean-Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 13 minutes. Add green beans, and cook 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Rinse with cold water. Cut each potato into 8 wedges.
- Whisk together vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add potatoes and green beans, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note