Green Bean, Hazelnut, and Mint Salad with Lemon Dressing
Ngoc Minh Ngo
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Calories from fat: 86%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 197mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 8 cups packed green beans (about 3/4 lb.), stems trimmed and strings removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spread nuts out on a baking pan and bake until golden under skins (break one to test), 10 to 15 minutes. When nuts are cool enough to handle, rub in a kitchen towel to remove as many skins as possible. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- 2. In a 4- to 6-quart pot over high heat, bring 3 quarts salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just crisp-tender, 4 to 7 minutes. Drain in a colander and plunge beans into a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together the mint leaves, lemon peel, lemon juice, and salt to make the dressing. Drizzle in the hazelnut oil, whisking constantly.
- 4. In a large bowl, gently toss the beans with dressing and hazelnuts. Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Wine pairing: A slightly oaked version of Sauvignon Blanc
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This