This is a beautiful and delicious salad. Can be elegantly presented on a bed of greens or in a stemmed glass! You could substitute other vegs; we've even used frozen broccoli with delicious results. Candied walnuts could be used to vary the taste. One word of caution -- err on the side of al dente with your pasta so as to keep it nice thru the marrying process. Sad that my only Southern Living recipe had to have my name misspelled. LOL!
Green Bean, Grape, and Pasta Toss
More From Southern Living
Bake: 7 Minutes
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 pound thin fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- Salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 5. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add pecans, green beans, pasta, grapes, and onion, stirring to coat. Season with salt to taste. Cover and chill 3 hours; stir in bacon just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads