Super simple and super easy - a great way to highlight farmers' market green beans and tomatoes in the summer. Great fresh oregano, and a nice light vinaigrette.
Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 51
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/4 pounds cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook beans in boiling water 7 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place beans, tomatoes, and oregano in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Combine shallots and vinegar, stirring with a whisk. Let vinegar mixture stand 10 minutes. Add oil, salt, and pepper to vinegar mixture, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Pour vinaigrette over bean mixture; toss well.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This