Green Bean Casserole with Tomatoes & Mozzarella Cheese
This is a nice variation to the Green Bean Casserole. It has a bit of a fresher, lighter feel than your traditional Green Bean Casserole (with cheese, heavy cream and sour cream don't ask me why, but it does). I tend to go a little heavier on the cream and sour cream to get slightly more sauce. (I found this recipe on the net at About.com).
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Fresh whole green beans
- 2 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 8 ounce(s) Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Yellow onion Finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Sour cream
- 1 cup(s) Buttered bread crumbs or French fired onions Crumbled
- 1. Butter an 11 x 17 inch baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Snap the beans into 1 inch pieces. Cook or steam the beans until just tender. Drain and arrange in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. Set aside.
- 3. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, Melt butter. Add onion and saute until tender. Stir in flour and form a roux. Let cook until the strong smell of flour subsides. Add the cream, sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat through, stirring constantly.
- 4. Spread the cream mixture over the green beans and top with your bread crumbs or french fried onion. Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CraigfromSC and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note