Green Bean Casserole with Bella Mushrooms
This casserole was served at a Thanksgiving dinner we attended with friends in Virginia. It was delicious! I loved the addition of Bella mushrooms and the use of gravy in lieu of the cream of mushroom soup and fresh rather than canned beans found in the traditional recipe; resulting in a soppy mess. This has an earthy flavor from the mushrooms and the overall texture is more crisp.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 package(s) (12 oz each) green beans, cleaned & cut
- 2 package(s) (10 oz each) baby Bella mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 3 cup(s) homestyle turkey or chicken gravy
- 2 1/2 cup(s) french-fried onion pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanch beans 2-3 min in large pot of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender.
- Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes. Add half of mushrooms; cook, stirring, about 10 min, until dry. Remove from pan. Repeat cooking process with other half of mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Mix beans and mushrooms in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in gravy; bake about 50 min on center rack of oven.
- Top with fried onion pieces; return to oven 10 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LoAnt529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note