Green Bean Casserole with Bella Mushrooms
This casserole was served at a Thanksgiving dinner we attended with friends in Virginia. It was delicious! I loved the addition of Bella mushrooms and the use of gravy in lieu of the cream of mushroom soup and fresh rather than canned beans found in the traditional recipe; resulting in a soppy mess. This has an earthy flavor from the mushrooms and the overall texture is more crisp.
Yield: 8 servings ( Serving Size: 1 cup )
Community Recipe from
- 3 package(s) (12 oz each) green beans, cleaned & cut
- 2 package(s) (10 oz each) baby Bella mushrooms, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- 3 cup(s) homestyle turkey or chicken gravy
- 2 1/2 cup(s) french-fried onion pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanch beans 2-3 min in large pot of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender.
- Drain; transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes. Add half of mushrooms; cook, stirring, about 10 min, until dry. Remove from pan. Repeat cooking process with other half of mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Mix beans and mushrooms in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in gravy; bake about 50 min on center rack of oven.
- Top with fried onion pieces; return to oven 10 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LoAnt529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note