Green Bean Casserole
from Paula Deen, Food Network
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
- Pinch House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and House Seasoning, to taste, to the onion mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Endora77 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Bean Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables