Green Bean Casserole
We reduced the fat but not the flavor in this family favorite recipe by substituting crushed Melba rounds and onion flakes for the canned fried onion rings.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.0g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.0mg
- Sodium: 486mg
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- Cooking spray
- 1 5 onion melba rounds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon instant onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine green beans, onion, and water. Cover and microwave at HIGH 7 minutes.
- Combine cheese and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in bean mixture. Spoon into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine melba rounds, onion flakes, and butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over bean mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note