Green Bean Bake Revisited
Community Recipe from
- container(s) green beans
- Green Bean Bake Revisited
- 1 large sweet onion cut in 1 inch wedges
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 6 oz baby portobello mushrooms halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz goat cheese softened
- 2 to 3 Tbsp milk
- In large skillet cook onions, covered in hot oil over medium low heat for 13-15 min or until tender.
- Uncover and add brown sugar. Cook and stir over med-high heat for 3-5 min until golden and
- caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400. In large saucepan cook green beans covered, in small amount of water for
- 3 min.Drain. In a 3 qt baking dish combine green beans and mushrooms. Combine olive oil, soy sauce
- and vinegar. Pour over vegies. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 min stir once.
- Meanwhile in a med mixing bowl beat together cheese and mile with mixer on medium speed. Spoon
- cheese in lengthwise mounds along center of baking dish. Top with onions. Return to oven, heat 5-8
- min until cheese is heated through.
- To make ahead, prepare onions and refrigerate. Prepare vegies and refriderate. Take out 30 min
- before using and assemble as above and heat at 400 for 30 min. The last 5 min spoon cheese
- over top.
- It is delicious. Sounds complicated but not really. Just a few steps. I use both packages of
- green beans and make a huge batch.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by magmom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Bean Bake Revisited Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes