Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 red bell peppers
- 3 medium shallots sliced thin
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) EVOO
- 1.5 pound(s) green beans
- 1 pound(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) mint chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted almonds chopped
- 1. Preheat the broiler. Roast the peppers under the broiler or over a gas flame, turning a few times, until charred all over; transfer to a work surface and let cool. Discard the skin, stems and seeds and cut the peppers into 2-by-1-inch strips.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the shallots with the garlic, red wine and sherry vinegars and a large pinch of salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and spread out on a large baking sheet. Let cool to room temperature.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the peppers with the beans, tomatoes, mint and parsley. Add the shallot dressing and toss well. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jess00 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads