Green Bean Alfredo with Cheese Ravioli
Kids love pasta, and you'll love this two-pot dish. Set aside prepared cheese ravioli while you sauté green beans with garlic and rosemary, and then prepare a creamy Alfredo sauce to top it all. If your children are feeling adventurous, add some peas and carrots as well.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cook pasta according to package directions; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add green beans, garlic, and rosemary, and sauté 6 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Remove mixture, and set aside.
- Add whipping cream to skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, 10 minutes.
- Return green bean mixture to skillet; add wine and pepper, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve over ravioli, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes