Green and Yellow Beans with Fresh Mozzarella and Pine Nuts
Lovers of Italian mozzarella, tomato, and basil salad known as Caprese will enjoy this colorful twist, made with two kinds of beans. In place of the string beans, you can try broad, flat Italian green beans, which are also called Romano beans. Toasted pine nuts add protein and delicious flavor.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 8 ounce(s) green beans trimmed
- 8 ounce(s) yellow wax beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 4 ounce(s) part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) basil leaves sliced
- Heat the oven to 275F. Spread pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly golden, 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- While pine nuts are toasting, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add beans and cook just until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and run under very cold water for 1 minute to stop cooking. Drain again and pat dry. Transfer beans to a medium bowl and toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Slice cheese into 4 thin slices and cut each slice in half so that you have 8 half circles. Divide cheese slices and beans among 4 salad plates, alternating the green and yellow beans with the cheese slices. Sprinkle with basil and pine nuts and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMelanie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note