- 4 ounces tricolored rotini, uncooked (2 cups uncooked pasta)
- 1 1/3 cups seeded and chopped tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper (about 1 small)
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) crumbled tomato-basil feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fat-free balsamic vinaigrette
- calories 113
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- protein 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 19.2 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 154 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse pasta under cold water; drain and set aside.
Combine tomato, onion, and bell pepper; add to pasta. Stir in olives and next 3 ingredients. Add vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.