great recipe= have made many times. This is a great pot-luck dish that people ask me to make. I like it because I can make the dressing a little different if I want- such as different balsamic vinegar, a little fine pepper and ALWAYS garlic. I think the garlic really blends in well with the lemon and oregano. I do not add the eggs but i could see where maybe this would make a nice presentation. Sometiimes I have used slivered scallions versus red onion. I would not make this with a prepared dressing. part of the fun of it is to make your own, adding unique changes. Thanks to the orignator of this recipe!
Greek Tortellini Salad
Fresh tortellini and classic Greek ingredients like feta cheese, lemon juice, spinach, eggs, and onion make this salad a light yet satisfying supper.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 485
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 780mg
- Cholesterol: 207mg
- 1 package (20 oz.) fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano, and salt. Add cooked tortellini and mix to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
- 3. Add spinach, feta cheese, and onion to tortellini and mix gently. Mound salad on a platter and arrange egg quarters around the edge.
Note: Marilou Robinson combined some of her favorite flavors in this main-dish salad. As a shortcut, use a purchased salad dressing instead of the lemon-herb vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note