Greek Style Stuffed Grilled Red Peppers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 whole(s) red bell peppers diced
- 1 whole(s) large onion diced
- 2 dash(es) curry powder (optional)
- 1 dash(es) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 8 whole(s) red bell peppers
- 8 ounce(s) feta cheese divided into 8 slices
- 8 ounce(s) kasseri cheese divided into 8 slices
- For the sauce:
- Roast and peel 2 red peppers. Dice and cook the onions in the olive oil until they start to brown and cook down (about 10 minutes). Dice and add the roasted peppers and cover--cook down quite a bit. Add a splash or two of water or white wine if they get dry, and keep cooking down (another 5-10 minutes). Season with salt, pepper, curry powder and red pepper flakes. The authentic version has a chunky sauce, but I've found pureeing blends the flavors nicely and adds a nice variation in texture.
- Meanwhile, remove the tops and seeds from the other 8 red peppers. Soften in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove and cool, flattening them a little bit. Once the peppers are cool, put a large chunk of feta cheese and a large chunk of kasseri cheese in each. Grill on both sides until they are blackened sufficiently and the cheese begins to melt (Kasseri will melt, but Feta generally will not).
- Add the sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jdemler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note