Greek style stuffed eggplant
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 big eggplant cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 9 ounce(s) chicken breasts fillet chopped
- 2.5 ounce(s) feta cheese crumbled
- 1 ounce(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 0,5 piece(s) green hot pepper
- 0.5 dash(es) caraway
- 0.5 dash(es) coriander
- 1.5 dash(es) italian herbs
- 3 sprig(s) parsley chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- olive oil
- 1. Pour some water into a dish, add some salt and put eggplant halves (cut sides down) in it for 20 minutes.
- 2. Chop tomatoes, onion and bell pepper. Chop chicken meat. Mince garlic and slice hot pepper.
- 3.Carefully remove pulp from eggplant, reserving shells.
- 4.Preheat oven to 360°. Place eggplant shells on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 7 minutes or until slightly tender and browned.
- 4.Meanwhile heat a large skillet coated with olive oil. Add minced garlic, caraway seeds, coriander, italian herbs. Add chopped eggplant pulp, onion and chicken; saute 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and bell pepper. Saute 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6.Remove eggplant shells from oven; Stuff with our filling. Return to oven for 35 minutes. Remove, add grated cheese. Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- 7. Remove from oven, add crumbled feta and freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Smilingsunray and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note