The oregano "pesto" is delicious. I took everything off the skewers after cooking and tossed w/ the pesto to get it all nicely covered. Served over couscous tossed with feta. I added some zucchini to the skewers per another reviewer's suggestion, and that was great.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 32 cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Thread 4 chicken cubes alternately with 3 tomatoes, if desired, onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle skewers with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes. Turn skewers over; grill 2 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 3. Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons rind from 1 end of lemon; cut lemon in half, crosswise. Cut ungrated lemon half into quarters; reserve remaining lemon half for another use. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, lemon rind, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; process until finely ground, scraping sides. With motor running, slowly drizzle oil through the food chute; process until well blended. Brush oregano mixture over skewers; serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This