Yum! I used all fresh veggies: tomatoes, yellow squash, and zucchini; added basil and oregano, and had to use frozen shrimp. Didn't have feta cheese on hand so we just used parmesan. The family loved it!
Toss bell peppers and shrimp in a garlicky tomato sauce for a hearty pasta dinner ready in 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 379
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 31.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Calcium: 656mg
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 tablespoons (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add black pepper and shrimp; cover and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in red pepper; remove from heat. Place 1 cup pasta on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 cup shrimp mixture and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes