Not my favorite cooking light recipe. It was a bit hot, would leave out the red pepper next time and add lots more vegetables, make it like a primavera.
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Toss bell peppers and shrimp in a garlicky tomato sauce for a hearty pasta dinner ready in 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 379
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 31.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Calcium: 656mg
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 tablespoons (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add black pepper and shrimp; cover and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in red pepper; remove from heat. Place 1 cup pasta on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 cup shrimp mixture and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note