Feta and tomato take Italian scampi in a Greek direction and it’s a good move. Serve over orzo pasta or with pita wedges to soak up the tomato sauce.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 41 Minutes
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 34.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 234mg
- Iron: 6.6mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Calcium: 276mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (14 1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add 2 tablespoons parsley, salt, and tomatoes. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes. Pour mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice, and pepper.
This recipe was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note