Greek-Style Beef and Vegetables
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 pounds (1-inch-thick) boneless top sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 medium-size yellow squash, cut in half
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 (10-oz.) box plain couscous
- 1/2 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- Chunky Cucumber-Mint Sauce
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Rub steak with 1 Tbsp. oil, 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and 3/4 tsp. pepper.
- 2. Brush squash and onion with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- 3. Grill steak and vegetables, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until steak reaches desired degree of doneness and vegetables are tender. Remove steak and vegetables from grill; squeeze juice from lemon over steak and vegetables. Cover steak and vegetables with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions.
- 5. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Cover and chill half of sliced steak (about 1 lb.) up to 2 days. Top couscous with vegetables; sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with remaining half of steak and Chunky Cucumber-Mint Sauce.
- Chunky Cucumber-Mint Sauce: Stir together 1 cup plain yogurt; 3 Tbsp. sour cream; 1 small peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber; 4 tsp. chopped fresh mint; and salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 1 3/4 cups; Prep: 10 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes