Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) 97% lean ground beef
- 1 box(es) Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain & Wild-Rice Box
- chicken broth sub for rice water + 1/2 cup
- 1 whole(s) medium onion chopped
- 1/2 can(s) water chestnuts chopped
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- In a large pot or dutch oven...
- Saute onion in a little olive oil until onions are translucent
- Add ground beef to onion
- Brown the ground beef
- Once browned, add rice and seasoning package, raisins, water chestnuts, and chicken broth (substitute the water required for rice with the broth plus 1/2 cup).
- Bring to Boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer
- Cook on low-med for 35 mins (I like to stir at 25 minutes) or until liquid is absorbed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bamadc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greek Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes