Greek Stuffed Meatballs - BHG
Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) fine dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) black olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, snipped
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 6 ounce(s) feta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bottle(s) Greek tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 8 ounce(s) canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat eggs with a fork. Stir in bread crumbs, green olives, black olives, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add ground beef and ground lamb; mix until thoroughly combined.
- 2. Shape meat mixture into a ball around each cheese cube, being sure to completely enclose the cheese. Arrange meatballs in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Drain well.
- 3. Place meatballs in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour Greek Tomato Sauce over meatballs in slow cooker, gently tossing to coat.
- 4. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with decorative toothpicks.
- Greek tomato sauce:
- In a medium saucepan heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Cook 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium onion) and 1 cloves garlic, minced, in hot oil until tender. Stir in 8 oz canned tomato sauce; 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth; 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed; and 1/2 ground cinnamon. Cook until heated through
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greek Stuffed Meatballs - BHG Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes