- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- calories 230
- fat 10.9 g
- satfat 5.1 g
- protein 26.7 g
- carbohydrate 5.4 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 414 mg
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- fiber 1.8 g
- calcium 109 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place a large nonstick skillet over mediumhigh heat; add onion. Coat onion with cooking spray, and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and next 3 ingredients.
Place steak between 2 sheets of heavyduty plastic wrap; flatten to an even thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Spread spinach mixture over beef, leaving a 1/2-inch margin around outside edges. Roll up beef, jelly-roll fashion, starting with 1 short side. Secure roll at 2-inch intervals with heavy string.
Place beef on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef with pepper; coat with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Bake 25 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove string, and cut beef into 6 slices.