my husband and I make this meal at least once a month- it is SO good! the steak marinates effectively and quickly- the flavors of the dill sauce and feta meld perfectly. we use the dill that comes in the "fresh squeeze" tube instead, which is quite good and keeps WAY longer. be sure to slice the steak very thinly and use a proper cut of meat... MUST TRY!
Greek Steak Pitas with Dill Sauce
A lemon juice marinade quickly penetrates the steak, so a 10-minute soak is enough to flavor the meat. You can substitute crumbled goat or blue cheese in place of the feta.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed pita halves)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 386
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 31.6g
- Carbohydrate: 38.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, halved
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- To prepare sauce, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare steak, combine juice and next 4 ingredients (juice through steak) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf half. Divide steak evenly among pita halves. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese into each pita half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches