Greek Spiced Baked Shrimp
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) medium onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 28 ounce(s) whole tomatoes in juice, drain reserve juice chopped
- 1 pinch(s) sugar
- 1.25 pound(s) large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2/3 cup(s) crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoon(s) dill chopped
- Preheat oven 375 with rack in middle. Cook onion and garlic in oil with 1/4 tsp salt in in 4 qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat until softened. Stir in spices and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes with juice and sugar and simmer, uncovered stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season shrimp with 1/8 tsp. salt then stir into tomato sauce. Transfer to a 2 quart shallow baking dish and top with feta.
- Bake until cooked through, 18-30 minutes. Serve sprinkled with dill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greek Spiced Baked Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes