Delicious and light! Wonderful flavor. A great make-ahead appetizer that everyone loved!
Greek Shrimp Bruschetta
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound small fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 French baguette, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp are cooked.
- Transfer to a small bowl and chill.
- Combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in shrimp. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet; brush bread with remaining olive oil. Bake at 375º for 8 minutes. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon shrimp mixture onto each bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note