This was pretty disappointing. Generally bland except for the overwhelming taste of dill.
Greek Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto
Sweet onion, rich feta cheese, and fresh dill provide dynamic flavor in this easy weeknight meal. The hardest part about making risotto is the constant stirring, so grab a magazine or plan to call out homework while you let this dish simmer, about 30 minutes. Balance the plate with a lively fennel salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 53.5g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 189mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 868mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 3/4 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups (1/2-inch) slices asparagus (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring broth and 1 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 30 minutes total).
- 3. Stir in asparagus and shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Fennel salad: Combine 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl. Add 6 cups torn romaine lettuce and 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note