This recipe was amazing! Loved it and I put the leftover steak on a salad on the next day! It was great!
Greek-Seasoned Steak Sandwiches
Serve these hearty sandwiches with a side of crisp carrot and celery sticks and light ranch dressing for dipping. Make breadcrumbs with the parts of pita you cut off by pulsing in a food processor; freeze for a couple of months.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 517mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 thin red onion slices
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, garlic, and oregano in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; seal. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle 3/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper evenly over both sides of steak. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place steak in pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, and mustard in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 4. Cut off one-third of each pita; discard or reserve for another use. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf, 1 onion slice, one-fourth of cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices, and one-fourth of steak in each pita; top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note