Greek Salad with Roasted Beets, Olives and Feta
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calcium: 122mg
- 4 medium beets, preferably a mix of red, candy-striped and gold, trimmed and scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh red Thai chile or crushed red chile flakes, or to taste
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick at an angle
- 6 celery heart stalks, sliced 1/4-inch thick at an angle, plus celery leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 ounce Niçoise olives, pitted and halved (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2. Put beets on a large sheet of foil. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Wrap up beets tightly and roast until a knife pierces through them easily, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 4. Unwrap beets. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into wedges. Whisk vinegar, remaining 3 Tbsp. oil, onion, chile and a pinch of salt.
- 5. Arrange beets on 4 serving plates. Drizzle with a little dressing and season with salt and pepper. Top with romaine, celery, feta and olives. Drizzle remaining dressing all over. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Garnish with celery leaves and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note