Tip from my mom: to take some of the bite away from the onions, after you chop them, soak them in a little vinegar or lemon juice.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) OLIVE OIL
- 2 tablespoon(s) FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) FRESH CHOPPED GARLIC
- 1 teaspoon(s) RED WINE VINEGAR
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) OREGANO
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) DILL WEED
- SALT AND GROUND PEPPER
- 3 LARGE PLUM TOMATOES seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 RED ONION peeled and chopped
- 1 BELL PEPPER
- 1/2 cup(s) PITTED BLK. OLIVES/BRINED coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE heaping 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup(s) CUCUMBER peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, oregano and dill weed together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewhisk before using.)
- 2 Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives in a bowl. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle cheese over and serve.
- Yield: Serves 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amcfamily and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note