awesome! didn't use parsley, used less oil, lemon juice and feta. my husband had a business associate to dinner with us, and he loved it so much he asked me for the recipe and sent a picture a few days later of his finished masterpiece!! served it with CL chicken souvlaki and lemon greek potatoes the first time. love this!
More From Sunset
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 1057mg
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- 2 English cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, then rinsed and drained
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 1/3 cups drained pitted kalamata olives, halved if large
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 pound feta cheese
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and olives.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano.
- 3. Break feta cheese into about 1/2-inch chunks and add to cucumber mixture. Add dressing and mix gently, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Notes: You can prepare through step 2 up to 4 hours ahead; cover and chill vegetables and dressing separately. Just before serving, pour cucumber mixture into a colander to drain off any liquid, then return to bowl and mix with feta cheese and dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note