Greek Rice Pilaf
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups uncooked quick rice
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans beef consommé
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add rice, celery, and onion, and saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in consomme and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until rice is done. Remove bay leaves. Garnish, if desired.
- Prep: 15 min., Bake: 45 min
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Minute rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This