Greek Quinoa Salad
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 clove(s) garlic chopped fine to a paste
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 EVOO
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 2 cup(s) red and yellow grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup(s) kalamata olives pitted
- 2 green onions, green & pale green part thinly sliced
- 2 pickled cherry peppers diced
- 1 small red onion halved and very thin sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber small dice
- feta cheese for sprinkling
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the salad to allow the flavors to meld.
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer until the water runs clear. Combine the quinoa, 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, fluff with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, olives, green onions, cherry peppers, red onions, cucumbers and dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before serving. The longer it sits the better the flavor.
- Just before serving, transfer to a platter and sprinkle feta on top.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/greek-quinoa-salad-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lizcole and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads