- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 pitted kalamata olives, diced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- calories 204
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- protein 25.0 g
- carbohydrate 8.1 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 305 mg
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- fiber 0.8 g
- calcium 24 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 teaspoon lemon rind, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 2 garlic cloves in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
. Prepare grill.
. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Thread pork, bell pepper, and onion alternately onto each of 4 (12-inch) skewers. Sprinkle with salt.
. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cover and grill 13 minutes or until pork is slightly pink, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; keep warm.
. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1 garlic clove, chicken broth, parsley, and olives; stir well with a whisk. Serve sauce over kebabs.