Greek Pitas with Minted Cucumber Sauce
You can substitute ground round for lamb, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pita half)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 20.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 449mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free Greek seasoning blend (such as Cavender's)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 teaspoon mint, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cover; chill until ready to use.
- 2. Combine lamb, remaining 2 teaspoons mint, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and next 3 ingredients.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add lamb mixture and remaining 2 tablespoons onion; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in feta; cook 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
- 4. Line each pita half with 1/4 cup spinach and 3 tablespoons cucumber sauce; fill with about 1/2 cup lamb mixture and 1/4 cup tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note