- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free Greek seasoning blend (such as Cavender's)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- calories 287
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- fat 14.3 g
- satfat 6.5 g
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 20.5 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 449 mg
- calcium 84 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 teaspoon mint, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cover; chill until ready to use.
Combine lamb, remaining 2 teaspoons mint, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and next 3 ingredients.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add lamb mixture and remaining 2 tablespoons onion; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in feta; cook 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
Line each pita half with 1/4 cup spinach and 3 tablespoons cucumber sauce; fill with about 1/2 cup lamb mixture and 1/4 cup tomato.