- 2 dozen fresh oysters Rock salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 91
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- protein 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 6.0 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 264 mg
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- fiber 1.6 g
- calcium 108 mg
How to Make It
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Loosen oysters from shells; add oysters to boiling water. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until oysters are plump and opaque; drain. Return oysters to shells. Discard top shells, keeping oysters in the deeper bottom shells.
Sprinkle a thin layer of rock salt in a jelly roll pan. Arrange oysters in shells over rock salt; set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, until onion is soft. Add artichoke hearts and spinach; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in Greek seasoning and cream cheese.
Top each oyster with 1 heaping tablespoon of spinach mixture; sprinkle oysters evenly with Parmesan cheese. Broil oysters 4 minutes or until cheese melts.