Greek Mashed Potato Cakes
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Combine potatoes, butter, egg, cheese, salt, and pepper. Using 1/4 cup potato mixture per patty, shape into 2 1/2-inch patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat 1/8 inch hot oil (375°) in a skillet. Dredge each patty in flour. Cook until golden brown, turning once. Drain well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables