Greek Mashed Potato Cakes
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Combine potatoes, butter, egg, cheese, salt, and pepper. Using 1/4 cup potato mixture per patty, shape into 2 1/2-inch patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat 1/8 inch hot oil (375°) in a skillet. Dredge each patty in flour. Cook until golden brown, turning once. Drain well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note