- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make It
Sauté onion, garlic, and parsley in butter in a large Dutch oven until tender. Add lamb; brown evenly on all sides. Stir in tomatoes, water, salt, mint flakes, and pepper. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Brown zucchini slices on both sides in hot oil in a large skillet. Drain on paper towels. Add zucchini to lamb mixture. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Transfer lamb and zucchini to a warm serving platter, reserving pan liquid in Dutch oven.
Skim excess fat from pan liquid; discard fat. Bring pan liquid to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Pour sauce over lamb and zucchini.