Since there are just 2 of us, I cut this in half and still had leftovers for lunch. Didn't have no-boil lasagna noodles, so cooked them and dropped the ricotta over the top as I layered. As mentioned earlier, I added some tomato paste to thicken the sauce. Served with a green salad and toasted garlic bread.
Greek Lamb and Feta Lasagna
We mix the lamb with beef so the lamb flavor doesn't dominate. If assembling ahead, sprinkle with feta cheese just before baking.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 206mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 9 ounces lean ground lamb
- 9 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through beef); cook 14 minutes or until lamb and beef are browned, stirring to crumble. Add stock to pan; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 3. Combine ricotta and rind in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture over one side of each lasagna noodle.
- 4. Spread 2 cups tomato mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles, ricotta side up, over tomato mixture; top with 2 cups tomato mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 2 cups tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese. Cover with foil; bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note