Since there are just 2 of us, I cut this in half and still had leftovers for lunch. Didn't have no-boil lasagna noodles, so cooked them and dropped the ricotta over the top as I layered. As mentioned earlier, I added some tomato paste to thicken the sauce. Served with a green salad and toasted garlic bread.
Greek Lamb and Feta Lasagna
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 206mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 9 ounces lean ground lamb
- 9 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through beef); cook 14 minutes or until lamb and beef are browned, stirring to crumble. Add stock to pan; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 3. Combine ricotta and rind in a small bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture over one side of each lasagna noodle.
- 4. Spread 2 cups tomato mixture in bottom of an 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles, ricotta side up, over tomato mixture; top with 2 cups tomato mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with 2 cups tomato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with feta cheese. Cover with foil; bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles