I often have pork chops on hand. I wonder how this would work if I used them instead of lamb.
Greek Lamb Chops and Mint Yogurt Sauce
Give lamb chops a Greek twist with the addition of fresh oregano and a minty yogurt sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 48.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 147mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 347mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle lamb with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub with oregano mixture. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add lamb, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve sauce with lamb.
If you have trouble finding the right size lamb loin chops, ask the butcher to cut them to the size you need. For a thicker sauce, use Greek-style yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note