Absolutely wonderful! My son and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite!
Greek Lamb Burgers
Fresh rosemary, oregano and lemon rind harmonize with the richness of lamb and feta cheese in this burger. If you don't want to make the Greek sauce, serve with a drizzle of plain, fat-free yogurt. Tuck tomato slices and lettuce leaves into the pita pockets, if desired. Serve with fresh fruit and lemonade.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25.9g
- Carbohydrate: 19.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 576mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound lean ground lamb
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons Easy Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Place 1 patty in each pita half; drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon Easy Tzatziki Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note